The Community Sailing Program has teamed up with the City of Winter Park, Florida to provide a sailing program that is focused on fun and safety. Join us for an exciting three week course of approximately 20 hours of classroom and on-the-water instruction covering all the basics of sailing. Upon completion, you will have the skill and knowledge to rig and sail a small boat on your own and will receive the Community Sailing Program Small Boat certification. Students must be at least 16 years old.
- All courses are taught by our CSP trained instructors.
- All boats and equipment are provided. Just bring you own life jacket.
- Courses begin the first or second week of the month. Watch the calendar for the most up to date information.
- Each course includes three classroom sessions and three water sessions
- Includes Start Sailing Right! the U.S. Sailing textbook.
- Cost is $155.00.
- Email Classes@thesailingclub.us with any questions.
2020 Class Schedule
|Class Month||Classroom Sessions
(6:00 – 8:00 PM)
REI Winter Park
(9:00 AM – 1:00 PM)
Lake Baldwin Park
|April||Mondays 6th, 13th and 20th||Saturdays 11th, 18th and 25th|
|May||Mondays 4th, 11th and 18th||Saturdays 9th, 16th and 23rd|
|June||Mondays 1st, 8th and 15th||Saturdays 6th, 13th and 20th|
- Standing and running rigging
- Wind direction and velocity
- Sail trim and marlinspike
- Coming about and gybing
- Light & heavy air sailing
- Capsize recovery
- Man overboard recovery
- Heaving to
- Stopping and beaching
- Review & application of classroom sessions
- Dry land demonstration by instructors
- Water demonstrations by instructors
- Students on-the-water with the aid of instructors and instructor assistants