The Community Sailing Program has teamed up with the City of Winter Park, Florida to provide a sailing program that is focused on fun and safety. Join us for an exciting three week course of approximately 20 hours of classroom and on-the-water instruction covering all the basics of sailing. Upon completion, you will have the skill and knowledge to rig and sail a small boat on your own and will receive the Community Sailing Program Small Boat certification. Students must be at least 16 years old.
- All courses are taught by our CSP trained instructors.
- All boats and equipment are provided. Just bring you own life jacket.
- Courses begin the first or second week of the month. Watch the calendar for the most up to date information
- Each course includes three classroom sessions and three water sessions
- Includes Start Sailing Right! the U.S. Sailing textbook
- Cost is $155.00. Bank Checks, money orders or cash only. Hint: You can use your banks online Bill Pay to mail us a check
- Email Classes@thesailingclub.us for more information
We’re working on our class schedule for 2019. It will be posted here soon.
- Standing and running rigging
- Wind direction and velocity
- Sail trim and marlinspike
- Coming about and gybing
- Light & heavy air sailing
- Capsize recovery
- Man overboard recovery
- Heaving to
- Stopping and beaching
- Review & application of classroom sessions
- Dry land demonstration by instructors
- Water demonstrations by instructors
- Students on-the-water with the aid of instructors and instructor assistants