The Community Sailing Program has teamed up with the City of Winter Park, Florida to provide a sailing program that is focused on fun and safety. Join us for an exciting three week course of approximately 20 hours of classroom and on-the-water instruction covering all the basics of sailing. Upon completion, you will have the skill and knowledge to rig and sail a small boat on your own and will receive the Community Sailing Program Small Boat certification. Students must be at least 16 years old.
- All courses are taught by our CSP trained instructors.
- All boats and equipment are provided. Just bring you own life jacket.
- Courses begin the first or second week of the month. Watch the calendar for the most up to date information.
- Each course includes three classroom sessions and three water sessions
- Includes Start Sailing Right! the U.S. Sailing textbook.
- Cost is $155.00.
- Email Classes@thesailingclub.us with any questions.
2021 Class Schedule
|Class Month||Classroom Sessions
(5:30 – 7:30 PM)
Lake Fairview Marina
(9:00 AM – 1:00 PM)
Lake Baldwin Park
|April(filled)||Mondays 5th, 12th and 19th||Saturdays 10th, 17th and 24th|
|May(filled)||Mondays 3rd, 10th and 17th||Saturdays 8th, 15th and 22nd|
|June(filled)||Mondays 7th, 14th and 21st||Saturdays 12th, 19th and 26th|
|September||Mondays 6th, 13th and 20th||Saturdays 11th, 18th and 25th|
|October||Mondays 4th, 11th and 18th||Saturdays 9th, 16th and 23rd|
|November||Mondays 1st, 8th and 15th||Saturdays 6th, 13th and 20th|
- Standing and running rigging
- Wind direction and velocity
- Sail trim and marlinspike
- Coming about and gybing
- Light & heavy air sailing
- Capsize recovery
- Man overboard recovery
- Heaving to
- Stopping and beaching
- Review & application of classroom sessions
- Dry land demonstration by instructors
- Water demonstrations by instructors
- Students on-the-water with the aid of instructors and instructor assistants